Who We Are
- Good Shepherd is a congregation committed to following the Lord Jesus Christ and sharing the Good News of his Life, Death, and Resurrection, through the study, exposition, proclamation and application of His Word, the Bible.
- By which we learn to trust Christ in all things while the Holy Spirit equips us to serve him in the church and in the community.
- Good Shepherd gathers together for worship every Sunday morning and there are many small group Bible studies and classes offered throughout the week to which all are invited and welcome.
- The congregation offers a free community meal every Thursday in addition to yearly events such as a book bag giveaway and health fair, to support those in need.
- Good Shepherd affirms the Historic Creeds (Nicene, Athanasian, and Apostolic) which bear witness to the One true God who has revealed himself in three Persons: The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.
Week at a Glance
Synod in Binghamton NY
The annual Synod of the Missionary Diocese of CANA East will be held at Anglican Church of the Good Shepherd, Binghamton, NY from May 4-6. 38 congregations from Maine to Miami and from Tulsa to Long Island will gather together under the leadership of Bishop Julian Dobbs. Celebrating the 500th anniversary of The Reformation, this year’s synod is called Reformation 500.
In attendance will be the archbishop of the Anglican Church in North America, The Most Rev. Dr. Foley Beach. Director of Anglican Church Society from the United Kingdom, The Rev. Dr. Lee Gatiss and the Anglican Bishop of Kafanchan, Nigeria the Rt. Rev. Markos Dogo, whose diocese has experienced significant persecution from terrorists. CANA East is one of three missionary dioceses in the Convocation of Anglicans in North America. CANA offers an authentic connection to the Anglican Communion through the Church of Nigeria and full membership in the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA). Information and schedule at http://canaeast.com/.